Everyone in the world has the dream to run their own business and to be the boss for the company. You have more options to start a new business and everything is purely depending on your own interest. If you are a pet lover, then the best option is to start a pet sitting business.
The major advantages of starting this business are
- It does not require any storefront and the start-up cost is low.
- There is an option for reaching a wide range of pet owners.
- Flexibility is more advantageous and you can show more love towards the pet.
To start this, practice the below steps.
- The foremost thing is creating a coherent business plan on deciding on the factors like the start-up cost, target audience, total expense to run the business.
- Choose the correct name for your brand to attract more customers.
- Get the legal license and insurance from the standard bodies.
- Create your own company website and enable the online booking facility to ease the customer’s effort. Share the URL link on the social media platforms as well.
- Maintain a clean environment as hygiene is most important for the pets.
- Communication skill is most important to have a clear understanding of the pet owner’s requirement and along with it, you need to maintain the characteristics like patience, reliability, consistency, flexibility, and trust.
- Review all the instructions listed by the owners and follow the same in the care section. It is better to store in a centralized database for future reference.
- The pet sitters should have the proper training in feeding, training, exercising, socializing, and watering the pets.
- Keep a detailed record of the schedule, the behavior of each pet, the owners’ detail like the address, email, phone numbers, emergency contact, veterinarian doctor’s name, clinic information, and it is most vital to get the signed contracts from the owners.
You can get the income by charging the amount from the pet owners for the service you provide like grooming, daycare service, walking, specific training, etc. Most pet-sitters charge hourly and when they are offering continuous service, then monthly pricing is the flexible option.
A business card printed with the logo, and the name helps to promote your service. So, you can distribute your contact cards to the local pet stores, where the pet owners visit most. Fliers along with the service description will also act as the best promoter. As most people are surfing a lot on the internet, the best idea is to post the advertisement on websites which have high traffic.